Health Benefits –
- Passion fruit has a high amount of dietary fibre. Getting enough fibre in your diet might help you regulate your blood cholesterol and lose weight. Because it is a bulk laxative, it also protects the intestinal mucosa by removing any cancer-causing harmful chemicals.
- Vitamin A and antioxidants including ß-carotene and cryptoxanthin-ß are abundant in the fruit. According to current research, these chemicals have antioxidant capabilities and, when combined with vitamin A, can preserve the retina. It is also a necessary vitamin for excellent vision.
- In addition, passion fruit is a good source of minerals. The fruit has appropriate quantities of iron, copper, as well as phosphorus.
How to consume –
- Cutting a passion fruit is easy. Cut it in half to reveal the fleshy insides. Once cut, the pulp and the edible seeds can be scooped out using a spoon.
- They can be eaten as is or used in a variety of recipes.
- You can blend the pulp and seeds in a food processor to make a fragrant puree that’s good for smoothies and baking desserts.
- You can also strain the pulp to remove the seeds to make juice. The fruit is tart, so it’s commonly combined with other ingredients, but many people like eating it straight out of the rind.
- The seeds are crunchy and add sourness to the flavour of the fruit. Not everyone likes the seeds, but if you don’t mind the texture, they’re perfectly fine.
- The rind is not edible and should be discarded.
Easy Recipes to try at Home –
Passion Fruit Squash
- Take out the seeds from the passionfruit and keep them aside.
- Then heat a pan along with water and sugar.
- Let it boil and cook for more than 10 minutes.
- Now add salt and lemon juice.
- Allow cooling of the syrup.
- Now use a fork and beat the passion fruit pulp.
- Or you can whip it in a jar and strain it if you don’t want the seeds in your squash.
- Now add this pulp to the syrup and mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator and use after cools down.
- Your squash is ready to use. Mix 1 part of the squash and 3 parts of water to prepare it.