Health benefits –
• Good for the digestive system & helps in fighting stomach ulcers.
• Keeps issues of gas & bloating at bay.
• Helps in maintaining good heart health & keep a check on our blood pressure.
• Helps clear respiratory tract.
• The strong aroma can help in curing bad breath problems. It can also help in curing
both teeth & gum infection.
• Rich in anti-bacterial properties & is a good antioxidant.
• Rich in Vitamin C – helps keep the system toxic-free & improves blood circulation
• Helps in preventing scalp infection & provides proper nourishment to the hair due to
its anti-oxidative properties.
Additional Information –
Raw Cardamom is smoked with the help of a Bhar, a stand with a netting screen that is put over a chula – traditional firewood furnace. It is kept just for the right amount of time, at the right distance so that there is just the required amount of heat & smoke that the cardamom gets exposed to. It takes about 36 hours to smoke one batch of cardamom & the farmers do a rotation to monitor & ensure that the cardamom does not come in contact with direct fire. This traditional process is a long and archaic one but the patience required to get the aromatic result, makes the process even more endearing.