Kashmiri walnuts are round single seeded nuts that look like a miniature brain, hence their popularity for their brain and cognition boosting properties. Consuming Kashmiri walnut kernels has been shown to lead to a significant reduction in oxidative stress which further slows the aging process and the probability of Alzheimer's disease. Referred to as Akhrot, Kashmiri walnuts are the most PUFA rich Kashmiri walnut varieties available in India due the climate of the place being most conducive to almost wild-like natural growth of Kashmiri walnuts and therefore Kashmiri walnuts do not require and pesticides or chemicals for their growth. Interestingly, Kashmiri walnuts are cholesterol free.
Kashmiri walnuts offer myriad health benefits due to the concentration of omega 3 fatty acids, Iron, ALA, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, Folate and other nutrients and minerals. Kashmiri walnuts are rich in their oil content which makes them a great moisturizer for skin and scalp while melting away the fat clogging arteris, walnuts are a boon for heart health and blood pressure. Soaked walnuts when consumed first thing in the morning, provide the much needed fats, proteins and fiber required for the day. They also boost memory which is a major reason for why they are recommended for growing children struggling with exam stress and anxiety. Added to this, walnuts provide various other health benefits!
Health Benefits of Kashmiri walnuts:
- Cardiovascular Health: Since Kashmiri walnuts are such a good source of good cholesterol, eating a handful of Kashmiri walnuts is especially good for heart health, for the good fat helps unclog arteries and remove stored fat in the body.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids: Kashmiri walnuts are a great potent source of omega 3 fatty acids which aid in
- reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Improves eye health
- Improves fetal brain health
- Enhances cardiovascular health
- Reduces symptom of ADHD in children
- Enhances metabolic process
- Anti Inflammatory
- Improves the quality of skin and hair
- May help prevent age related neuron degeneration
- Reduces fat in the liver
- Improves bone and joint health
- Alleviates PMS symptoms
- Strengthen Bones, Muscles and Joints: Kashmiri walnuts are a rich source of minerals like Manganese and Phosphorus which help in maintaining healthy bones, improving fragility by increasing strength and fasten the bone building process.They also help broken bones recover faster and help in overall skeletal health maintenance.
- Balances Blood Pressure: Magnesium in Kashmiri walnuts is the driving force behind improved insulin response, lower insulin resistance, enhancing the production of insulin by aiding pancreatic function, and controlling blood sugar. For people who are struggling with symptoms of diabetes, Kashmiri walnuts are a great source of help! Moreover, Arginine and other Amino Acids present in \ Kashmiri walnuts help relax and enhance the quality of blood vessels and help with hypertension.
- Boon for Diabetics: Kashmiri walnuts have a low GI Index which does not lead to insulin spikes and is easily consumable by diabetics. Kashmiri walnuts also aid pancreatic function which helps in the healthy production of insulin over time and regular consumption.
- Powerful Antioxidant: Antioxidants present in Kashmiri walnuts help in fighting free radical damage in the body and reverses age related damage due to activities like smoking, sedentary lifestyle, pollution in the environment, stress and more. Kashmiri walnuts due to their impact on oxidative stress also helps prevent cancers.
- Boosts Brain Function: These brain shaped nuts have been a favorite of our mothers and grand-mothers because it is a popular belief that Kashmiri walnuts help boost brain function, aid learning and memory, reverse neuron damage and omega 3 acids with a strong source of DHA boost critical and analytical thinking.
- Helps with Symptoms of Insomnia: Kashmiri walnuts contain melatonin, serotonin and magnesium which promote sleep by calming the nervous system and reducing stress thereby inducing sound sleep at bedtime!
- Great choice For Pregnancy: Folate (vitamin B9) in Kashmiri walnuts boost RBC count in the body which is essential for healthy cell division and function.
- Helps with Anemia: Kashmiri walnuts are rich in Iron which increasing the oxygen carrying capacity of our red blood cells which enhances the oxygen supply in every part of our body thereby fights fatigue, boosts cognition and increases oxygen supply to hair, skin and scalp also enhances the beauty of these features.
Nutrition in Kashmiri walnuts:
- 192 Calories
- 4.36 grams of Protein
- 3.08 grams of Carbs
- 18.06 grams of Fat
Kashmiri walnuts are an excellent source of several vitamins and minerals, including:
- Copper: Promotes heart health and helps maintain bone, nerve, and immune system function
- Folic acid: Folic acid deficiency during pregnancy may cause serious defects and malnutrition in the fetus
- Phosphorus: A mineral that is mainly present in bones, it is also a major component in the cell membrane and helps balance cellular function.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin strengthens the immune system and supports nerve health; deficiency may lead to anemia.
- Manganese. This trace mineral is found in the highest amounts in KashmirI Walnuts
- Vitamin E. Compared to other nuts, Kashmiri walnuts contain high levels of a special form of vitamin E called gamma-tocopherol
Kashmiri walnuts are a great source of complex bioactive plant compounds and are exceptionally rich in antioxidants. Some notable plant compounds in walnuts include:
- Ellagic acid: Reduces the risk of various kinds of cancers and heart diseases.
- Catechin: a flavonoid antioxidant that promotes cardiovascular health
- Melatonin: A powerful antioxidant that regulates body clock and is wonderful for heart health
Walnuts for Women:
Walnuts are known to delay the signs of aging, enhance beauty, improve sleep, reduce symptoms of insulin resistance which takes away most of the pigmentation from the face and body, and help with PMS symptoms. Folate in Walnuts is especially beneficial during pregnancy and eating the right amount of walnuts may even help in the development of the brain of the unborn baby. Riboflavin, thiamine, and folates present in Kashmiri walnuts prevent premature graying of hair and help in beautifying the skin well. Walnuts are also good for anemia which due to menstrual cycles is common in women. Increased iron levels treat fatigue, breathlessness, headaches and symptoms of depression.
Walnuts are a dense source of Vitamin E which is the basic element of all skincare products. Kashmiri walnuts also get rid of the free radical stress in the body. Vitamin E keeps the immune system up for any pathogen to enter thus up righting our guards; antioxidants promote our eye health, prevent inflammation, and reduce the risks of cancers.
Walnuts For Hair
Folates present in walnuts are primarily responsible for healthy cell growth. Walnuts, due to the density of omega 3 fatty acids, strengthen the hair follicles and make hair strands shiny, thick and long. Selenium present in walnuts also works to alleviate the symptoms of thyroid which in turn prevents hair loss.
Walnuts have skin-nourishing fats and are a popular choice for scrubs and face masks. The antioxidant property of walnuts promote skin health by delaying aging signs and the good fats provide the much needed moisture. The healthy fats present in walnuts also additionally protects the skin against harmful UV radiation and treats skin infections, ensuring the removal of toxins from our skin.
Walnuts for Liver
Arginine, a protein present in walnuts, helps the liver in detoxifying ammonia Moreover omega-3 fatty acids and high levels of glutathione cleanse the liver naturally. Omega-3, 6 and polyphenols aid the liver by reducing its fatty nature and also the overall body weight.
Walnuts for weight loss
Kashmiri walnuts in their fat content are composed mainly of polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs), which are healthy fats that kill bad cholesterol and keeps the overall fat in check. It is believed that walnuts consumption as snacks will regulate appetite and control untimely carb cravings. Ellagic acid as discussed above targets inflammation and makes the gut stronger and healthier. This leads to faster metabolism and hence activated weight loss without having to restrict calorie intake.
Walnuts for Gym Enthusiasts:
Walnuts nutrition facts state that walnuts are an excellent protein source, providing 4 grams of protein per ounce. They are particularly high in arginine, an amino acid important for muscle growth and development.
How to Consume Walnuts:
Organic Kashmiri walnuts when bought without outer covering can easily be eaten raw although it is advised to soak them overnight before consuming. They are also a popular choice for sauces, spreads and desserts. For a sweeter flavor, walnuts can be roasted in the oven, or eaten after drying blanched walnuts...
Walnut without shell is an edible ingredient while the shell is a popular choice for making scrubs and masks; it also acts as a water filter. Kashmiri walnut shells can be ground up and used to filter out impurities, such as dirt and sediment, from liquids.
How to Eat Walnuts for Weight Loss:
Walnuts are a great source of fat, protein and suppress cravings for carbs which in turn leads to accelerated weight loss because of charged metabolism and reduction of fats in the body. Following are the ways to consume walnut as a snack:
- As a snack: Walnuts are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein, so a small handful of walnuts act as a nutrient-dense snack.
- In Salads: Chopping walnuts and adding them to a salad can give your meal an extra crunch and provide you with healthy fats.
- Trail Mix:. Mixing walnuts with other nuts, seeds, and dried fruit is a great way to make a nutritious and satisfying snack that you can enjoy on the go.
- In Oats and Yogurt: Incorporating walnuts into your oatmeal or yogurt can make a healthy breakfast or snack even more nutritious.
By adding walnuts to your diet, you can get the health benefits they offer while making sure the weight remains off. Buy akhrot online from My Pahadi Dukan.
Why Should You Buy Walnuts Online From My Pahadi Dukan:
Kashmiri walnuts are a nutritious and delicious superfood that can provide several health benefits. Buy walnuts online and enjoy the richness of its flavor and many benefits. They can be eaten raw, cooked, or in the form of oil, butter, and powder.
If you are looking to buy quality, organic chemical free Kashmiri walnuts then My Pahadi Dukan is your best choice. Our fairly priced organic Kashmiri walnuts are sourced from the locals of Kashmir which ensures the quality and taste of the product. From Kashmir valley to your doorstep, we monitor the entire process to only deliver best of class products. So, why wait? Buy akhrot online from My Pahadi Dukan today!
Our walnut seeds are rich in oil content and have a sweet distinct flavor that Kashmiri walnuts are popular for. We ensure a chemical free farming and environmentally friendly packaging which makes us a conscious Indian bran delivering only the finest quality products. When you buy walnuts online from My pahadi Dukan, you help boost local farmers’ livelihood and ensure a nature’s gift to reach your doorstep without the fear of farming or processing malpractices.
Buy Kashmiri Walnut online from My Pahadi Dukan to reap all the benefits listed above and notice the change that your health displays!